Mayor’s Youth Workforce & Career Training Program is an approach adapted from the Summer Youth Employment Program. Millhill will be taking it virtual again for summer 2021! Since the need to social distance remains important, Millhill’s Youth Engagement Department has been working to ensure another summer of investing in and developing youth, building on last year’s program. “We are so excited to again provide youth with this creative virtual training program with enhancements over last year, including important life skills sessions and diving deeper into workplace skills by Zoom. Self-paced learning will round out the program for our Trenton youth!” says Michelle Thompkins, Director of Youth Engagement. The program will run 6 weeks from July 6th through August 13th, 2020.
Key Program Components Include:
- Virtual training through Zoom
- Instructor led soft skills training
- Guest speakers
- Fast-paced, interactive, self led learning
- Youth can earn a stipend up to $700 based on their attendance and participation.
- Interested and motivated youth should apply below and upload a copy of their current resume. Please note, to submit your application, you will need to upload your resume.
- Applicants will be notified if they were selected for the program by June 12th.
Employers can partner with the Mayor’s Youth Workforce & Career Training Program by employing a youth participant for a 6-week internship. You will be helping to prepare youth for the workforce, and in the process, your company will have a dedicated and trained youth intern for 6 weeks, and will benefit from youth perspective and social media expertise. Financial assistance may be available for 501c(3) organizations to cover summer internship costs.
We could not do this work without the support from our generous funders. As we all face the unique challenges presented by COVID-19, these supporters ensured that we are able to continue youth summer programming for the sixth consecutive year!
If you would like to sponsor a youth, please make a donation directly to the Millhill Foundation by clicking on the “Donate Now” button below. The Millhill Foundation is a separate 501c(3) organization established in 2002. Thank you!