“We are so excited to provide youth with this creative virtual training program which features live Zoom sessions, self paced learning, and career exploration brought directly to our Trenton youth!” – Michelle Thompkins, Director of Youth Engagement
Mayor’s Youth Workforce & Career Training Program is a new approach that is taking the Summer Youth Employment Program virtual for the Summer of 2020! Since the onset of COVID-19 and the need to social distance, Millhill’s Youth Engagement Department has been thinking ahead to ensure that we can continue to invest and develop youth this summer. “We are so excited to provide youth with this creative virtual training program which features live Zoom sessions, self paced learning, and career exploration brought directly to our Trenton youth!” says Michelle Thompkins, Director of Youth Engagement. The program will run 6 weeks from July 6th through August 14th, 2020.
Key Program Components Include:
- Virtual training through Zoom
- Instructor led soft skills training
- Guest speakers and career presentations
- Coaching and journaling
- Fast-paced, interactive, self led learning
- Youth can earn a stipend up to $650 based on their attendance and participation.
- Interested and motivated youth should apply below and upload a copy of their current resume. Please note, to submit your application, you will need to upload your resume.
- Applicants will be notified if they were selected for the program by June 12th.
We could not do this work without the support from our generous funders. As we all face the unique challenges presented by COVID-19, these supporters ensured that we are able to continue youth summer programming for the fifth consecutive year!
If you would like to sponsor a youth, please make a donation directly to the Millhill Foundation by clicking on the “Donate Now” button below. The Millhill Foundation is a separate 501c(3) organization established in 2002. Thank you!